Forum magazine and Blog
The EAIE author community is ever expanding. We welcome submissions from members and non-members alike, and from internationalisation professionals in all capacities. You can find specific information on how to contribute to our two main platforms below.
Forum is the EAIE member magazine, published three times a year in spring, summer and winter. The magazine is themed, approaching just one single issue from multiple angles and a range of geographies each time. As soon as a theme and deadline are known, we open a general call for articles. Upcoming theme descriptions can be found on this page. Submissions can be sent to EAIE Publications. EAIE members receive the magazine in print at home, but can also access it online.
Winter Forum (click to read more)
Sustainable Development Goals
Deadline: 30 June
The United Nations have adopted the new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) outlining environmental, educational, humanitarian and societal objectives for governments and civil society to achieve. What can and should higher education institutions do to support the achievement of these goals? Through innovative solutions, internationalisation activities can be made more environmentally sustainable, the curricula can foster globally aware students, and ethical partnering can contribute to capacity building in the Global South. This issue will look at the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of the involvement of international education in the SDGs.
- Ensuring gender equality
- Fostering global citizenship
- Educating students on practices for sustainable living
- Courses aimed at teaching global awareness, sustainability, etc
- Student initiatives addressing the SDGs
- SDGs as part of higher education’s ‘3rd mission’
- Strategic partnerships
- Conducting research that contributes to achieving the SDGs
- Equitable access to education
- Joint programmes focused on the SDGs
- Innovative ways that higher education institutions are incorporating SDGs into institutional and international strategy
The EAIE blog is an accessible, quick way to get your ideas out into the world. Share your expertise and best practices, and discuss opinions and current events. Blog posts are promoted on all of our social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn), reaching thousands of international educators.